Sunday, February 5, 2012

Beautiful Day...

Good Morning Beautiful...

Yes, I listen to country music sometimes... it's a guilty pleasure.  We'll blame it on all the time I spent in Texas and Wisconsin.  ;)  I will actually listen to just about any music, as long as the lyrics resonate with me then I'll probably like it.  I find myself singing the song above often... it's such a sweet way to start the day, even though ours never seem to start as peaceful as that.  It's typically one of the kids or possibly even the dog or cats eyes I'm staring into, it's perfect to me though... it's the life I've always wanted... it's being a family.

We are a big music family... none of us can play a lick and, contrary to some beliefs, none of us can carry a tune either, but we always have something playing in the background.  You should see me dancing all over the kitchen while I cook dinner... the kids are all equal amounts of horrified and itching to join in.  Music prompts some of my happiest memories and has put words to some of my saddest times as well... I love having a soundtrack to my life.  Which reminds me, I just found the greatest app!  Our iPod was recently stolen and then a week later my phone got wet and died.  I was having withdrawals from my playlist but I just found out that DoubleTwist will sync everything from iTunes onto my new Android phone, amazing!  I am so excited!  We won't talk about how long it's taking me to figure out this new phone though... embarrassing.  Apple products really are so intuitive that everything else seems tricky... to me.  ;)  Now Android just needs to push out their Pinterest App and I'll be a happy camper.

Speaking of Pinterest (like how I can segue from just about anything to Pinterest.) all my recipes for the Super Bowl were found scouring that site.  I have to share... they all look fantastic!

 

you've seen this one before but it's totally worth repeating

subbing the PB w/ Sunbutter

and, lastly, my very own Chocolate Chocolate Cupcakes.
(I am clearly not a photographer but they'll taste fantastic!)


Ok, after looking at the line up I'm thinking I had better make a salad!  We're all going to be in a carb coma after this.  Maybe beer will help?

Enjoy the game, if you're so inclined, and, if not, do like me and just enjoy the company.  I feel it would be sacrilegious to not throw in a GO PATS though! 




1 comment:

  1. Can you send me a pinterest invite? If that is how it's done. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete